(2018) (John Cho, Debra Messing) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A worried father goes through his daughter's online history in hopes of uncovering a clue that might help reveal why the teen has gone missing.
- David Kim (JOHN CHO) is a man whose joy in life seems to have been yanked away by the lymphoma death of his wife, Pam (SARA SOHN). Their 15-year-old daughter, Margot (MICHELLE LA), still lives at home with David, and he gets after her for not taking out the trash and such.
When he discovers she's failed to do so again after spending time at a friend's study group, he's miffed, and becomes more so when she doesn't return his calls or text messages. That, coupled with her having tried to call and video chat with him in the middle of the preceding night and now having been silent for hours causes him to worry and he eventually calls the police.
Det. Rosemary Vick (DEBRA MESSING) ends up on the missing person's case and begins investigating. As does David as he starts going through his daughter's laptop -- mysteriously left at home -- and begins contacting everyone he knows, including his brother, Peter (JOSEPH LEE), as well as her piano teacher, other parents and so on.
Digging through her text messages, social media accounts and more, he follows leads that sometimes give him hope and at others cause him greater concern, all while starting to believe that he didn't really know his daughter like he thought. With days passing by and Det. Vick doing her best, David wavers between thinking his daughter has run away from home and that something bad has happened to her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The heavy social media angle to the story might be enticing to some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content, some drug and sexual references, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.