(2018) (Yalitza Aparicio, Marina De Tavira) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Mexican housekeeper must not only contend with the increasingly strained marriage of her employers, but also ending up pregnant by a guy who then hits the road.
- Cleo (YALITZA APARICIO) and Adela (NANCY GARCÍA GARCÍA) are housekeepers for a wealthy family in Mexico City. The patriarch, Sr. Antonio (FERNANDO GREDIAGA), is a doctor who's away from home for weeks at a time, leaving his wife, Sra. Sofía (MARINA DE TAVIRA), and her mother, Sra. Teresa (VERÓNICA GARCÍA), to watch over the couple's four kids -- Toño (DIEGO CORTINA AUTREY), Paco (CARLOS PERALTA), Pepe (MARCO GRAF), and Sofi (DANIELA DEMESA).
When the two housekeepers aren't busy working for the family, they enjoy spending time with their boyfriends -- Ramón (JOSÉ MANUEL GUERRERO MENDOZA) who's dating Adela and Fermín (JORGE ANTONIO GUERRERO) who's sleeping with Cleo. That latter relationship results in Cleo ending up pregnant, with Fermín then hitting the road upon learning of this development. From that point on, Cleo must not only contend with that, but also her employers' increasingly rocky marriage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless the cast or the director (who also helmed "Gravity" and other notable films) draws them in, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic nudity, some disturbing images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.