(2018) (Yalitza Aparicio, Marina De Tavira) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Mexican housekeeper must not only contend with the increasingly strained marriage of her employers, but also ending up pregnant by a guy who then hits the road.
- Cleo (YALITZA APARICIO) and Adela (NANCY GARCÍA GARCÍA) are housekeepers for a wealthy family in Mexico City. The patriarch, Sr. Antonio (FERNANDO GREDIAGA), is a doctor who's away from home for weeks at a time, leaving his wife, Sra. Sofía (MARINA DE TAVIRA), and her mother, Sra. Teresa (VERÓNICA GARCÍA), to watch over the couple's four kids -- Toño (DIEGO CORTINA AUTREY), Paco (CARLOS PERALTA), Pepe (MARCO GRAF), and Sofi (DANIELA DEMESA).
When the two housekeepers aren't busy working for the family, they enjoy spending time with their boyfriends -- Ramón (JOSÉ MANUEL GUERRERO MENDOZA) who's dating Adela and Fermín (JORGE ANTONIO GUERRERO) who's sleeping with Cleo. That latter relationship results in Cleo ending up pregnant, with Fermín then hitting the road upon learning of this development. From that point on, Cleo must not only contend with that, but also her employers' increasingly rocky marriage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless the cast or the director (who also helmed "Gravity" and other notable films) draws them in, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic nudity, some disturbing images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.