(2018) (Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: A primatologist and a geneticist try to stop three immense, genetically mutated animal monsters before they cause too much damage or kill more people as they head toward downtown Chicago.
- Davis Okoye (DWAYNE JOHNSON) is a San Diego based primatologist who'd rather spend time with his captive primates, such as George the albino gorilla (motion capture performance by JASON LILES), than most humans. Unbeknownst to him, the genetic modification work conducted by the sibling executive duo of Claire Wyden (MALIN AKERMAN) and Brett Wyden (JAKE LACY) is going to change both of their lives.
When an experiment in orbit goes awry, the genetically manipulated materials fall back to earth and not only affect George, but also a wolf out west and an alligator down in Florida. That results in the latter two taking on additional qualities of other animals while also growing to immense sizes, while George remains genetically intact but is quickly heading toward King Kong size.
Not only does that draw the attention of geneticist Dr. Kate Caldwell (NAOMIE HARRIS) who once worked for the siblings before being fired, but also Department of Homeland Security agent Russell (JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN) who wants to find out what she and Davis know about what's transpired.
As they try to figure out what to do to contain the situation, the three monster-sized animals make their way toward downtown Chicago, causing death and destruction along the way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into big monster movies, big action stars (Dwayne Johnson), or anyone else in the cast they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence, action and destruction, brief language, and crude gestures.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.