<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2018) (voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman) (PG)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Comedy: Two arcade game characters travel through the Internet in search of a replacement steering wheel that will keep one's broken game from being junked.
- Having met a number of years ago, arcade game characters Wreck-It Ralph (voice of JOHN C. REILLY) and Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of SARAH SILVERMAN) are best friends. Yet, while Ralph is content playing the villain in his building-wrecking game -- that features Fix-It Felix (voice of JACK McBRAYER) who's now married to Sergeant Calhoun (voice of JANE LYNCH) -- and then hanging out with Vanellope, she's grown tired of the repetitiveness of her Candy Rush game and yearns for something new and different.
She gets the chance when she and Ralph venture for the first time ever -- thanks to their arcade finally getting wifi installed -- into the Internet. They do so since the steering wheel controller on Vanellope's game has broken and the game has been shut down, thus displacing her and the rest of the characters. With word that the game is going to be junked, Ralph has heard about a replacement steering wheel on something called eBay and thus he and Vanellope venture onto the Web.
When they accidentally bid way too much for that replacement and don't have any money, they realize they have to earn cash and fast. After they hear that stealing a race car from an online, post-apocalyptic racing game called Slaughter Race will get them the amount they need, they head into that game. But its main character, Shank (voice of GAL GADOT), isn't going to give that up without a chase. But she likes Vanellope's spunk and racing abilities and becomes something of a big sister figure to her.
But still in need of money, she and Ralph try to earn that before it's too late, including hoping to get into the good graces of Yesss (voice of TARAJI P. HENSON), an algorithm who determines what videos will be trending and thus making money on BuzzTube.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will, especially if they liked the first film, "Wreck-It Ralph."
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.