(2018) (Jovan Adepo, Wyatt Russell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Horror: American soldiers on a mission in World War II France discover a village where secret Nazi experiments have taken a horrific turn.
- As D-Day approaches, American soldiers parachute into Nazi-occupied France to destroy a communications tower that will prove instrumental in the mission to storm the beaches of Normandy. Led by Corporal Ford (WYATT RUSSELL), a battle-hardened demolitions expert, the troops include Private Boyce (JOVAN ADEPO) who's only been in the Army a short time and doesn't know if he can kill; Private Tibbet (JOHN MAGARO), a motor-mouthed soldier who rubs others the wrong way; Private Chase (IAIN DE CAESTECKER), who's tagging along to chronicle the mission with his camera; and Private Rosenfeld (DOMINIC APPLEWHITE), a Jewish soldier afraid of what might happen to him if captured by the Germans.
The tower is at the center of a village that's been taken over by the Germans. The soldiers get help from a local woman named Chloe (MATHILDE OLLIVIER), who's managed to keep herself and her little brother, Paul (GIANNY TAUFER) alive by carrying on a sexual relationship with sadistic Nazi Commander Wafner (PILOU ASBAEK).
Boyce, Ford, and the others soon learn that there is more than just a Nazi occupation going on at the village. Under the surface is a secret lab where the evil Dr. Schmidt (ERICH REDMAN) is conducting ghastly experiments on the villagers and captured enemy soldiers. He has come up with a serum that he injects in the innocent captives that turns them into mindless, violent, and nearly un-killable zombies.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to its action, horror and gore elements, and youthful cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong, bloody violence, disturbing images, language, and brief sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.