(2018) (Tika Sumpter, Tiffany Haddish) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A career woman with a checkered romantic past must decide if she can find true love with a goodhearted ex-con, who's turned his life around.
- Danica (TIKA SUMPTER) is a successful career woman, climbing the corporate ladder at a major New York advertising agency. Her professional life is going well, but her personal life has had its ups and downs. She had previously been engaged to a man, who jilted her for another woman. Since then, she has gotten into a relationship of sorts with a man named Charlie who she has texted and telephoned for the past year … but has never met or even seen. At the same, she has a regular flirtation with local coffee shop owner Frank (OMARI HARDWICK), who clearly is smitten with her and gives her free coffee and a rose each morning.
Danica's best friend, Callie (AMBER RILEY), urges her to go out with Frank. But Danica has a list of "must haves" in a man, and he only fits some of her criteria. She then finds out he is an ex-con and a recovering drug addict and has even less interest despite the fact that Frank has obviously turned his life around and is a respectable member of society and the local business community. He even hosts AA meetings at his café after hours.
Complicating matters is Tanya (TIFFANY HADDISH), Danica's recently paroled sister with a motor mouth and an outsized libido. Their mother, Lola (WHOOPI GOLDBERG), refuses to take Tanya in. So, Danica opens her home up to her sis and then tries to keep her on the straight and narrow as she reintegrates back into society. Trying to get in good with Danica, Frank offers Tanya a job and that puts Tanya a little too up in their business. Then, the real and seemingly perfect Charlie (MEHCAD BROOKS) enters the picture, and Danica has to make a real decision on who she wants to end up with.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have seen other Tyler Perry movies and liked them may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content and language throughout, and drug content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.