(2018) (Tika Sumpter, Tiffany Haddish) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A career woman with a checkered romantic past must decide if she can find true love with a goodhearted ex-con, who's turned his life around.
- Danica (TIKA SUMPTER) is a successful career woman, climbing the corporate ladder at a major New York advertising agency. Her professional life is going well, but her personal life has had its ups and downs. She had previously been engaged to a man, who jilted her for another woman. Since then, she has gotten into a relationship of sorts with a man named Charlie who she has texted and telephoned for the past year … but has never met or even seen. At the same, she has a regular flirtation with local coffee shop owner Frank (OMARI HARDWICK), who clearly is smitten with her and gives her free coffee and a rose each morning.
Danica's best friend, Callie (AMBER RILEY), urges her to go out with Frank. But Danica has a list of "must haves" in a man, and he only fits some of her criteria. She then finds out he is an ex-con and a recovering drug addict and has even less interest despite the fact that Frank has obviously turned his life around and is a respectable member of society and the local business community. He even hosts AA meetings at his café after hours.
Complicating matters is Tanya (TIFFANY HADDISH), Danica's recently paroled sister with a motor mouth and an outsized libido. Their mother, Lola (WHOOPI GOLDBERG), refuses to take Tanya in. So, Danica opens her home up to her sis and then tries to keep her on the straight and narrow as she reintegrates back into society. Trying to get in good with Danica, Frank offers Tanya a job and that puts Tanya a little too up in their business. Then, the real and seemingly perfect Charlie (MEHCAD BROOKS) enters the picture, and Danica has to make a real decision on who she wants to end up with.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have seen other Tyler Perry movies and liked them may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content and language throughout, and drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.