(2018) (Dylan O'Brien, Thomas Brodie-Sangster) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: A ragtag group of people tries to break into a walled city in order to save a friend who's been abducted by government forces intent on finding a cure to a virus that leaves its victims in a zombie-like state.
- Having survived and escaped from a dystopian land known as The Glade that was surrounded by a monster-filled maze -- only to discover that it was all just part of a test conceived and run by Ava Paige (PATRICIA CLARKSON), the leader of WCKD (World Catastrophe Killzone Department), in hopes of finding a cure for a virus that turns humans into zombie-like creatures known as "cranks" -- a group of young people is in search mode for one of their own, Minho (KI HONG LEE).
He's being held captive by Ava and her head of security, Janson (AIDAN GILLEN), and being tested by Teresa (KAYA SCODELARIO), a former "glader" who now works for WCKD. That hasn't been sitting well with her former boyfriend and fellow glader, Thomas (DYLAN O'BRIEN), who, alongside resistance leader Vince (BARRY PEPPER), tried to pull off a hostage-freeing raid, only to discover that they that somehow missed Minho.
With the help of Jorge (GIANCARLO ESPOSITO) and his young adult-aged surrogate daughter, Brenda (ROSE SALAZAR), Thomas and his pals Newt (THOMAS BRODIE-SANGSTER) and Frypan (DEXTER DARDEN), head toward WCKD's last stronghold, an immense modern city surrounded by an equally immense and highly armed wall. Along the way, however, they're snatched by a group of men who turn out to be led by their former Glade rival, Gally (WILL POULTER), who they incorrectly believed had been killed.
He takes them to the leader of their resistance, Lawrence (WALTON GOGGINS), who's planning on an all-out assault on the city, but first helps get Thomas and his friends inside WCKD's headquarters. From that point on, they try to find and rescue Minho, all while Thomas ends up conflicted upon seeing Teresa again and Janson attempts to kill all of them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the previous two "Maze Runner" films they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, language, and some thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.