(2018) (Emily Blunt, Ben Whishaw) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A magical nanny shows up once again to help a family in need.
- It's the time of The Great Slump in London and recently widowed artist, Michael Banks (BEN WHISHAW), has had to take a job as a bank teller in order to support his kids, Anabel (PIXIE DAVIES), John (NATHANAEL SALEH), and Georgie (JOEL DAWSON), and pay for his housekeeper, Ellen (JULIE WALTERS).
Yet, Michael's new job hasn't prevented bank president Wilkins (COLIN FIRTH) -- who's only motivated by profit -- to send his two debt collectors, Gooding (JEREMY SWIFT) and Frye (KOBNA HOLDBROOK-SMITH) -- to serve Michael a foreclosure notice on the house where he grew up with his sister, Jane (EMILY MORTIMER).
It seems he's three months late on a loan taken out against his mortgage and if he can't pay the entire mortgage back in full in five days, the bank will take the house. Fortunately for the Banks family, help arrives from above in the form of Mary Poppins (EMILY BLUNT), a nanny who once cared for Michael and Jane when they were young and has arrived to do the same now for Michael's children.
With help from street light illuminator Jack (LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA) -- who also knew the nanny when he was a child -- and her fix-anything cousin, Topsy (MERYL STREEP), Mary Poppins sets out to teach the Banks children important life lessons, all while helping their father keep his house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild thematic elements and brief action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.