<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2018) (Amanda Seyfried, Lily James) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: As we see flashbacks to how her mother met the three men who might be her biological father, a young woman plans a grand reopening of her late mom's Greek isle villa.
- Sophie Sheridan (AMANDA SEYFRIED) is a young woman who's planning the grand reopening of the Greek isle villa formerly owned by her mother, Donna (MERYL STREEP), who died around a year ago. With the help of her manager, Fernando (ANDY GARCIA), and one of three men who could be her biological father, Sam Carmichael (PIERCE BROSNAN), Sophie finds the upcoming event bittersweet, what with her mom not being there for the festivities.
But with her mother's former singing partners, Rosie (JULIE WALTERS) and Tanya (CHRISTINE BARANSKI), expected to arrive along with the two other men, Harry Bright (COLIN FIRTH) and Bill Anderson (STELLAN SKARSGÅRD), who could be her father, at least she'll be among family and friends. Yet, that might not include her new husband, Sky (DOMINIC COOPER), who's thinking of staying in New York to accept a job offer, and it's highly unlikely her grandmother, Ruby Sheridan (CHER), is going to show since she never has in the past.
As that plays out, we also see how young Donna (LILY JAMES) came to meet Bill (JOSH DYLAN), Sam (JEREMY IRVINE) and Harry (HUGH SKINNER) right after graduation and during her travels to that Greek isle, with her various romances intriguing her friends, Rosie (ALEXA DAVIES) and Tanya (JESSICA KEENAN WYNN), who occasionally show up to join her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of the first film or any of the cast members in this sequel.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some suggestive material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.