(2018) (Amanda Seyfried, Lily James) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: As we see flashbacks to how her mother met the three men who might be her biological father, a young woman plans a grand reopening of her late mom's Greek isle villa.
- Sophie Sheridan (AMANDA SEYFRIED) is a young woman who's planning the grand reopening of the Greek isle villa formerly owned by her mother, Donna (MERYL STREEP), who died around a year ago. With the help of her manager, Fernando (ANDY GARCIA), and one of three men who could be her biological father, Sam Carmichael (PIERCE BROSNAN), Sophie finds the upcoming event bittersweet, what with her mom not being there for the festivities.
But with her mother's former singing partners, Rosie (JULIE WALTERS) and Tanya (CHRISTINE BARANSKI), expected to arrive along with the two other men, Harry Bright (COLIN FIRTH) and Bill Anderson (STELLAN SKARSGÅRD), who could be her father, at least she'll be among family and friends. Yet, that might not include her new husband, Sky (DOMINIC COOPER), who's thinking of staying in New York to accept a job offer, and it's highly unlikely her grandmother, Ruby Sheridan (CHER), is going to show since she never has in the past.
As that plays out, we also see how young Donna (LILY JAMES) came to meet Bill (JOSH DYLAN), Sam (JEREMY IRVINE) and Harry (HUGH SKINNER) right after graduation and during her travels to that Greek isle, with her various romances intriguing her friends, Rosie (ALEXA DAVIES) and Tanya (JESSICA KEENAN WYNN), who occasionally show up to join her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of the first film or any of the cast members in this sequel.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.