(2018) (Myles Truitt, Jack Reynor) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: After finding a futuristic and powerful weapon, a fourteen-year-old boy ends up going on an unplanned road trip with his recently paroled brother, unaware that his sibling is in debt to a dangerous criminal or that futuristic soldiers want that weapon back.
- Elijah (MYLES TRUITT) is a 14-year-old adopted boy who's growing up in a rough part of Detroit with his widowed father, Hal (DENNIS QUAID). While in an abandoned building stripping old wiring for cash, Elijah comes across a number of bodies in futuristic suits as well as a strange weapon that's obviously related to them. The boy freaks out and runs home and doesn't tell his dad who's otherwise preoccupied by the return of his biological son, Jimmy (JACK REYNOR), who's just been paroled after a six-year stint in prison.
Unbeknownst to Hal or Elijah, Jimmy owes $60,000 to dangerous criminal Taylor Balik (JAMES FRANCO) who isn't pleased that the young man doesn't have the money but is intrigued to hear that his father likely does in his safe at work. That results in a number of deaths and Jimmy taking Elijah on an impromptu road trip, lying that their father approved that and will join them later. Along the way, they end up picking up stripper Milly (ZOE KRAVITZ) who's grown tired of having an abusive boss, and the three soon discover just how powerful Elijah's futuristic weapon is.
But what they don't realize is that Taylor and his goons are headed for the same destination with revenge on their minds, or that two futuristic figures are also intent on finding the boy and retrieving the weapon that the teen just might have to use to defend himself and his brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The sci-fi angle might lure in some, especially with a teen as the protagonist.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For gun violence and intense action, suggestive material, language, thematic elements and drinking.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.