(2018) (Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Thriller: A small group of people must contend with efforts by others to sell and weaponize dinosaurs that have been evacuated off a volcanic island.
- It's been several years since the disastrous events at Jurassic World left scores dead and the dinosaur theme park in ruins. While dinosaurs continue to roam the otherwise deserted Isla Nublar, their existence is threatened by the island's erupting volcano, all of which could result in the second extinction event their kind has faced.
Hoping to prevent that from happening is Claire Dearing (BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD) the theme park's former operations manager who now spearheads a small movement -- that also includes, among others, dino veterinarian Zia Rodriguez (DANIELLA PINEDA) and systems operator Franklin Webb (JUSTICE SMITH) -- to save them.
Thus, she's pleased when she's contacted by Eli Mills (RAFE SPALL) who runs a foundation created by Benjamin Lockwood (JAMES CROMWELL), a wealthy but old and physically ailing entrepreneur who lives in a massive estate with his young granddaughter, Maisie (ISABELLA SERMON). He previously worked closely with Jurassic Park's founder before a falling out between them, and is desirous of relocating the dinosaurs from the doomed island to a sanctuary one, and Mills wants to get his hands on as many species as possible, including a particularly intelligent raptor named Blue.
Accordingly, he'd like Claire to convince that raptor's former trainer, Owen Grady (CHRIS PRATT), to help capture the dinosaur, and despite some initial reluctance, he signs on and soon he, Claire, Zia, and Franklin set off for the faraway island.
There, they're greeted by expedition facilitator Ken Wheatley (TED LEVINE) and his armed contingent. But it soon becomes all-too-apparent that things aren't as initially stated and it's eventually revealed that Mills is in cahoots with Mr. Eversol (TOBY JONES) who intends to auction off the dinosaur to wealthy but unsavory bidders, while genetic scientist Dr. Henry Wu (BD WONG) is continuing his work creating modified dinosaurs spliced together from others.
From that point on, Owen and Claire try to rescue the dinosaurs from all of that, all while they, Zia, Franklin, and Maisie must contend with Wu's latest creation, a modified raptor that's bigger, faster and stronger than even Blue, as well as other dinosaurs now housed in Lockwood's estate.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into dinosaurs, are fans of the previous "Jurassic Park/World" movies, or are fans of anyone in the cast they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.