(2018) (Rose Byrne, Ethan Hawke) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Dramedy: Fed up with her longtime boyfriend's obsession with an alt rock star who stopped making records decades ago, a woman ends up in a unique relationship with that very man.
- Annie Platt (ROSE BYRNE) is a woman who runs her late father's seaside museum in the small town of Seacliff, alongside her younger sister, Ros (LILY BRAZIER). Unlike her sibling who can't seem to settle on one woman, Annie has been dating cinema professor Duncan Thomson (CHRIS O'DOWD) for years.
Unfortunately for her, Duncan is infatuated with another person, although that's not from a romantic or sexual standpoint. Instead, he's a diehard fan of alt-rocker Tucker Crowe (ETHAN HAWKE) whose album, "Juliet," is the favorite of Duncan and a few hundred other people. Much to their collective dismay and Internet-based obsession, Tucker stopped making records twenty-five years ago and hasn't been heard from or seen since.
When an earlier version of "Juliet" shows up in the mail addressed for Duncan, Annie opens and listens to that, and then gives it a negative review on Duncan's fan site. He's mad, but Annie finds agreement from an unlikely source -- Tucker Crowe himself. He lives in his ex-wife's garage in America and cares for their young son, Jackson (AZHY ROBERTSON), and ends up opening up -- via text message and email -- to Annie who does the same back to him.
With him traveling to London to meet his grandson via the daughter he barely knows, Lizzie (AYOOLA SMART), Annie must decide what to do, especially since she's unsure how Duncan, who's just had an affair with a fellow professor, will react.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.