(2018) (Rowan Atkinson, Olga Kurylenko) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A bumbling and retired British agent returns to active duty as he tries to figure out who's exposed all other agents, continues to hack other systems, and is threatening to bring down the Internet.
- A hacker has just exposed all of Britain's MI7 intelligence agents, prompting the Prime Minister (EMMA THOMPSON) to order retired ones back to active duty to find out who's responsible. Only four are available, and when the bumbling Johnny English (ROWAN ATKINSON) accidentally incapacitates the others, he's the only agent left for the job. Reunited with his former assistant, Jeremy Bough (BEN MILLER), he makes sure to stay off "the grid" and works undercover to find out who's responsible, all while the Prime Minister attempts to court Silicon Valley tech billionaire Jason Volta (JAKE LACY) to help at an upcoming G12 meeting.
English and Bough begin their investigation in the south of France where they run into a Russian operative, Ophelia (OLGA KURYLENKO), onboard a super yacht that just so happens to be owned by Volta. From that point on, and despite English's bumbling ways, they try to get to the bottom of who's responsible for the continued hacking and try to stop them before they bring down the entire Internet.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of anyone in the cast or the first two "Johnny English" films it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action violence, rude humor, language and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.