(2018) (Mark Wahlberg, Rose Byrne) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A couple decides to foster a teenage girl and her younger siblings, only to find that parenting is a lot harder but also more rewarding than they could have imagined.
- Pete (MARK WAHLBERG) and Ellie Wagner (ROSE BYRNE) are a childless couple who rehab and flip old houses for a living. But something seems missing in their lives and that's kids, something that her sister, Kim (ALLYN RACHEL), and brother-in-law, Russ (TOM SEGURA), blatantly point out those two will never have. As a result, Pete and Ellie consider getting a foster child and meet with Karen (OCTAVIA SPENCER) and Sharon (TIG NOTARO) who run the local problem.
When they meet 15-year-old Lizzy (ISABELA MONER), they're taken aback by her spunky attitude, but also drawn to that, and while they envisioned getting an infant, they think the teen might be the right fit. What they weren't expecting is a package deal in the form of her younger siblings -- tentative and nervous Juan (GUSTAVO QUIROZ) and bratty Lita (JULIANNA GAMIZ) -- but decide to go for it anyway.
At first, it works out beautifully, and Mark's mom, Grandma Sandy (MARGO MARTINDALE), and Ellie's parents, Jan (JULIE HAGERTY) and Jerry (MICHAEL O'KEEFE), enjoy their new foster grandkids. But once the honeymoon phase is over, Pete and Ellie quickly realize that parenting is a lot harder but also more rewarding than it appears, especially when they've become an instant, five-person family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since three of the main characters are kids, it's possible, especially if any of the viewers are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, sexual material, language and some drug references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.