(2018) (Gerard Butler, Gary Oldman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Thriller: A U.S. sub and her untested commander are ordered to Russia to rescue a Navy SEAL team tasked with extracting the Russian President, who's been the target of a military coup.
- In Russian waters, both an American submarine and the Russian sub it had been tracking suffer major damage in a coordinated attack. The USS Arkansas under the command of the untested Captain Joe Glass (GERARD BUTLER) is ordered to investigate and prevent World War III if possible. Along the way, Glass has to deal with an insubordinate XO, Brian Edwards (CARTER MacINTYRE); gain the trust of a captured Russian sub captain, Andropov (Michael NYQVIST); and earn the loyalty of his new crew.
Little does he know that both subs were sunk on the orders of Admiral Dmitri Durov (MICHAEL GOR), a member of Russia's Defense Ministry who has successfully staged a military coup on President Zakarin (ALEXANDER DIACHENKO) who he sees as weak and indecisive. Durov moves quickly to consolidate his power and reposition the Russian fleet for a showdown with the American navy.
In Washington, Pentagon commander John Fisk (COMMON) quarrels with NSA operative Jayne Norquist (LINDA CARDELLINI) and Charles Donnegan (GARY OLDMAN), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, over how to respond to the threat. President Dover (CAROLINE GOODALL) ultimately decides to go to DEFCON 2, move the U.S. fleet to a defensive posture in the Atlantic Ocean, and green-light Fisk's plan to send a four-member Navy SEAL team led by Bill Beaman (TOBY STEPHENS) to extract Zakarin and escape aboard the USS Arkansas.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to its action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.