(2018) (Gerard Butler, Gary Oldman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Thriller: A U.S. sub and her untested commander are ordered to Russia to rescue a Navy SEAL team tasked with extracting the Russian President, who's been the target of a military coup.
- In Russian waters, both an American submarine and the Russian sub it had been tracking suffer major damage in a coordinated attack. The USS Arkansas under the command of the untested Captain Joe Glass (GERARD BUTLER) is ordered to investigate and prevent World War III if possible. Along the way, Glass has to deal with an insubordinate XO, Brian Edwards (CARTER MacINTYRE); gain the trust of a captured Russian sub captain, Andropov (Michael NYQVIST); and earn the loyalty of his new crew.
Little does he know that both subs were sunk on the orders of Admiral Dmitri Durov (MICHAEL GOR), a member of Russia's Defense Ministry who has successfully staged a military coup on President Zakarin (ALEXANDER DIACHENKO) who he sees as weak and indecisive. Durov moves quickly to consolidate his power and reposition the Russian fleet for a showdown with the American navy.
In Washington, Pentagon commander John Fisk (COMMON) quarrels with NSA operative Jayne Norquist (LINDA CARDELLINI) and Charles Donnegan (GARY OLDMAN), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, over how to respond to the threat. President Dover (CAROLINE GOODALL) ultimately decides to go to DEFCON 2, move the U.S. fleet to a defensive posture in the Atlantic Ocean, and green-light Fisk's plan to send a four-member Navy SEAL team led by Bill Beaman (TOBY STEPHENS) to extract Zakarin and escape aboard the USS Arkansas.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to its action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.