(2018) (voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Comedy: Dracula and his family and friends take a cruise where he ends up falling for the ship's human captain, unaware that she's the great-granddaughter of his longtime vampire-hunting nemesis.
- Despite having family and friends and running a successful hotel for monsters, Dracula (voice of ADAM SANDLER) is lonely, having lost the "zing" of his life, his wife, long ago. Mistaking that for being overworked, his daughter, Mavis (voice of SELENA GOMEZ), surprises him with a cruise into the Bermuda Triangle and the ultimate destination of Atlantis.
Joining them is Mavis' human husband, Jonathan (voice of ANDY SAMBERG), and their young son, Dennis (voice of ASHER BLINKOFF); along with Frankenstein (voice of KEVIN JAMES); Wayne the werewolf (voice of STEVE BUSCEMI); Murray the mummy (voice of KEEGAN MICHAEL KEY); Griffin the invisible man (voice of DAVID SPADE); Dracula's father, Vlad (voice of MEL BROOKS); and a variety of other family members and fellow monster friends.
Despite believing one only gets one single zing (love) in their lives, Dracula ends up instantly smitten with the ship's captain, Ericka (voice of KATHRYN HAHN). Unbeknownst to him or anyone else, she's the great-granddaughter of Abraham Van Helsing (voice of JIM GAFFIGAN) who long ago hunted Dracula and his kind.
Still alive thanks to a number of old mechanical contraptions, he's also on board and wants Ericka to lure Dracula to him. But she wants to get the job done herself, although her quest ends up complicated by the fact that she starts to fall for the bloodsucker.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first two films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.