(2018) (Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: An alcoholic, agoraphobic nurse of the near future tries to keep the peace and save the lives of various wounded people who arrive at her members only hotel for criminals.
- It's 2028 and Jean Thomas, a.k.a. the Nurse (JODIE FOSTER), runs a members-only hotel/hospital for criminals in downtown Los Angeles. With riots breaking out following the private company that owns the city's water having turned off the taps, things are hopping at the Hotel Artemis where the hulking Everest (DAVE BAUTISTA) serves as Nurse's orderly, bodyguard and enforcer of the establishment's many rules.
Among those there is bank robber Waikiki (STERLING K. BROWN) who's arrived with his badly wounded addict brother, Honolulu (BRIAN TYREE HENRY). Contract killer Nice (SOFIA BOUTELLA) is also there and must contend with unwelcome advances from unsavory arms dealer Acapulco (CHARLIE DAY). And with Nurse having bent her own rules by bringing in her former neighbor, Morgan (JENNY SLATE), who's now a cop, things have become even tenser.
And that's because the crime boss who runs the city, Niagara, a.k.a. the Wolf King (JEFF GOLDBLUM), is arriving soon with his abrasive adult son, Crosby (ZACHARY QUINTO), and the rest of his armed goons. With all of them having their own agendas and her still affected by the death of her son years ago, Nurse tries to keep the peace and save the lives of her various patients.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might, especially if they're into hard-hitting, R-rated action movies, or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout, some sexual references, and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.