(2018) (Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman, her family and their community must contend with the escape of a masked serial killer who terrorized her forty years ago and has resumed his killing spree.
- It's been forty years since a masked killer terrorized Laurie Strode (JAMIE LEE CURTIS) during a killing spree in the small town of Haddonfield, Illinois. While that homicidal maniac, Michael Myers (JAMES JUDE COURTNEY), has been locked away for decades in a psychiatric facility -- now under the care and supervision of Dr. Sartain (HALUK BILGINER) -- Laurie has been preparing for what she believes is inevitable. And that's Michael somehow escaping and returning to finish the job.
That paranoia resulted in two failed marriages for Laurie and an estrangement from her daughter, Karen (JUDY GREER), who's married to Ray (TOBY HUSS) with whom she has a teenage daughter, Allyson (ANDI MATICHAK). The latter is preparing for a big Halloween party with her boyfriend, Cameron (DYLAN ARNOLD), and his best friend, Oscar (DREW SCHEID). None of them are initially aware, however, that while being transferred to a new facility, Michael has managed to escape and has begun his killing spree again.
That obviously gets the attention of sheriff's department officer Frank Hawkins (WILL PATTON) who was there on that fateful night forty years ago and is determined not to allow it to happen again. As is Laurie who's been preparing for this day for decades, from her fortified house to her array of weapons she intends to use to kill Michael.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into slasher-based horror films or are fans of the other entries in this franchise they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence and bloody images, language, brief drug use and nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.