(2018) (Alex Roe, Jessica Rothe) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A famous country music star returns to his hometown and his former fiancée who he jilted on their wedding day eight years ago.
- Liam Page (ALEX ROE) is one of the biggest stars in country music, thanks not only to his talent, but also the hard work of his manager, Sam (PETER CAMBOR), publicist Doris (GILLIAM VIGMAN), and many others. But he's not happy with his life and has been suffering from a creative block of recent. When he hears that one of his high school friends was recently killed by a drunk driver, he returns to his hometown of St. Augustine, Louisiana, a place he hasn't been in eight years since suddenly leaving there to ride his rocket to success and fame.
He left behind not only various friends, but also his father, Brian (JOHN BENJAMIN HICKEY), the local pastor, and Josie (JESSICA ROTHE), his high school sweetheart to whom he was supposed to get hitched. The fact that he abruptly left her at the altar on their wedding day didn't sit well with her or anyone in St. Augustine, and thus he isn't exactly welcomed with open arms upon his return, particularly by Josie and her protective brother, Jake (STEPHEN T. RIGGS).
Unbeknownst to Liam -- since he left town and has had no contact since departing -- Josie has a precocious 7-year-old daughter, Billy (ABBY RYDER FORTSON), who turns out to be his child. Upon learning that, he sets out to be part of her and Josie's lives, something that obviously leaves the young woman conflicted about how to proceed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of country music and/or anyone in the cast might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements including drinking, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.