(2018) (Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An astronaut trains for the potential to be the first man to walk on the moon, all while contending with the perils of such work and the effect that has on his family.
- It's the early 1960s and following the cancer-related death of their young daughter, astronaut Neil Armstrong (RYAN GOSLING) and his wife, Janet (CLAIRE FOY), decide he should pursue trying out for NASA's Gemini program. After meeting fellow candidate Elliott See (PATRICK FUGIT) and being interviewed by NASA's Director of Flight Crew Operations Deke Slayton (KYLE CHANDLER) and Director of NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center Robert Gilruth (CIARAN HINDS), Neil is accepted into the program and they move to Houston across the street from fellow astronaut Ed White (JASON CLARKE) and his wife, Pat (OLIVIA HAMILTON).
As the wives worry about their husbands, Neil, Ed, and others partake in the training where the ultimate goal is to put a man on the moon. As Neil makes his way from the Gemini program over to the Apollo one where he works alongside the likes of Buzz Aldrin (COREY STOLL), he intensely focuses on the work at hand, all of which has an effect on his family life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're interested in the historical aspects of the story, space travel in general or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic content involving peril, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.