(2018) (Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Erotic Drama: A billionaire and his new bride, who are heavily into kinky sex, are threatened by a deranged man from both of their pasts.
- Billionaire Christian Gray (JAMIE DORNAN) marries Anastasia Steele (DAKOTA JOHNSON) in a lavish ceremony attended by his mother and father, Grace and Carrick (MARCIA GAY HARDEN and ANDREW AIRLIE); his siblings Elliott (LUKE GRIMES) and Mia (RITA ORA); Elliott's girlfriend Kate (ELOISE MUMFORD); members of the Pacific Northwest's corporate elite; and, of course, the paparazzi.
But as Christian and Ana honeymoon in Paris, disgraced editor Jack Hyde (ERIC JOHNSON) is back in Seattle plotting their demise after having been fired by Christian and rejected sexually by Ana. He sets fire to the server room at Christian's company, steals personal files on Gray and his family, and ultimately plots two kidnappings. Christian hires extra security personnel in the form of Sawyer (BRANT DAUGHERTY) and Prescott (KIRSTEN ALTER) to protect his new wife.
Meanwhile, minor subplots abound. Ana has to put a flirty architect named Gia (ARIELLE KEBBEL) in her place. Elliott has to overcome his commitment phobia and pop the question to Kate. Ana forgets to take her birth control and has to tell Christian, who has already told her he wants to wait on starting a family. And the two continue to engage in kinky, sadomasochistic sex in their penthouse "Red Room" and elsewhere.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked either of the first two films in this series they probably will, while older teens may be attracted to its touted mystique as a mainstream film featuring loads of kinky, S&M sex.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, nudity, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.