(2018) (Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy: Numerous wizards attempt to stop a dark one from luring a young wizard into his fold and using him to control the world.
- It's 1927 and wizard Newt Scamander (EDDIE REDMAYNE) has been banned from international travel by the British Ministry of Magic, what with the damage that occurred in New York City when Newt's menagerie of animals escaped from his magic briefcase. Newt prefers the company of fantastic animals to other wizards or regular No-Maj humans, but does have a friend in baker Jacob Kowalski (DAN FOGLER). He's currently under a romantic spell put on him by Queenie Goldstein (ALISON SUDOL) who wants to get hitched despite the likely repercussions of such a wizard and No-Maj pairing.
At the same time, and with his former Hogwarts classmate and close friend Leta Lestrange (ZOň KRAVITZ) now engaged to his brother, Theseus (CALLUM TURNER), Newt finds himself smitten with Queenie's sister, Tina (KATHERINE WATERSTON). But she's all business, what with being an Auror who's tasked with hunting down and capturing dark wizards.
Her latest target is the powerful Gellert Grindelwald (JOHNNY DEPP) who's managed to escape from his prison in America and is now in Paris. Newt's former professor at Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore (JUDE LAW), wants the young wizard to find Grindelwald, what with being unable to take action against the wizard himself.
There's concern that Grindelwald is after young and troubled wizard Credence Barebone (EZRA MILLER) -- who's currently employed at a "freak show" alongside the likes of Nagini (CLAUDIA KIM) -- and will use him to take control of the world, something he believes is a birthright of all purebred wizards. At the same time, a mysterious wizard by the name of Yusuf Kama (WILLIAM NADYLAM) is also after Credence but for different reasons.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're fans of the "Harry Potter" universe and its related films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sequences of fantasy action.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.