(2018) (voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Cameron Seely) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: In this animated update of the classic Dr. Seuss story and TV cartoon, the Grinch hopes to ruin the Christmas spirit of the citizens of Whoville.
- Having grown up as an orphan who received nothing for Christmas, The Grinch (voice of BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH) hates that time of year, especially since the residents who live in Whoville down below his Mt. Crumpit cave simply revel in the holiday spirit. While one such man, Bricklebaum (voice of KENAN THOMPSON), is hoping to do Christmas three times bigger than ever before, young Cindy Lou Who (voice of CAMERON SEELY) only wants one thing and that's for her hard-working single mom, Donna (voice of RASHIDA JONES), to be happy. And she thinks she knows of the right man for the job who should be showing up late on Christmas Eve.
But since she'll probably be asleep when Santa sneaks into their house, she decides to enlist the aid of some of her friends, including Groopert (voice of TRISTAN O'HARE), to set a trap for Saint Nick so that she can capture him and then ask for that wish. Little does she or any of the residents of Whoville realize, however, is that The Grinch is planning on stealing all things Christmas related from the town, accompanied by his trusty canine companion, Max, and a lone reindeer, Fred, to lead their sleigh that night.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Many probably will, based on how the film looks in its advertising, or if they're fans of the original short or the live-action film from 2000.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For brief rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.