(2018) (voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Cameron Seely) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: In this animated update of the classic Dr. Seuss story and TV cartoon, the Grinch hopes to ruin the Christmas spirit of the citizens of Whoville.
- Having grown up as an orphan who received nothing for Christmas, The Grinch (voice of BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH) hates that time of year, especially since the residents who live in Whoville down below his Mt. Crumpit cave simply revel in the holiday spirit. While one such man, Bricklebaum (voice of KENAN THOMPSON), is hoping to do Christmas three times bigger than ever before, young Cindy Lou Who (voice of CAMERON SEELY) only wants one thing and that's for her hard-working single mom, Donna (voice of RASHIDA JONES), to be happy. And she thinks she knows of the right man for the job who should be showing up late on Christmas Eve.
But since she'll probably be asleep when Santa sneaks into their house, she decides to enlist the aid of some of her friends, including Groopert (voice of TRISTAN O'HARE), to set a trap for Saint Nick so that she can capture him and then ask for that wish. Little does she or any of the residents of Whoville realize, however, is that The Grinch is planning on stealing all things Christmas related from the town, accompanied by his trusty canine companion, Max, and a lone reindeer, Fred, to lead their sleigh that night.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Many probably will, based on how the film looks in its advertising, or if they're fans of the original short or the live-action film from 2000.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For brief rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.