(2019) (Nicole Kidman, Sebastian Stan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A burned out cop tries to track down the cult-like leader of a group of bank robbers who she and her partner previously infiltrated while undercover.
- Erin Bell (NICOLE KIDMAN) is a burned-out LAPD officer with a defiant 16-year-old daughter, Shelby (JADE PETTYJOHN), who lives with Erin's ex-husband, Ethan (SCOOT McNAIRY). Erin has the look of someone who's been through Hell and back and her past torment returns when she receives a dye-stained one hundred dollar bill through the mail. That automatically makes her believe that the cult-like leader -- Silas Howe (TOBY KEBBELL), of a group of bank robbers who she and her partner, Chris (SEBASTIAN STAN), previously infiltrated while undercover -- is back at work.
Accordingly, and while contending with Shelby dating a much older man, Jay (BEAU KNAPP), Erin tries to track down Silas through those previously involved in the past bank robberies. They include Toby (JAMES JORDAN), who's terminally ill; Arturo (ZACH VILLA), who now provides free legal advice to immigrants; and Petra (TATIANA MASLANY), Silas' girlfriend who's his go-between with his money-laundering lawyer, Dennis DiFranco (BRADLEY WHITFORD). As she makes her way through them, she must contend with bad memories of her and Chris' undercover assignment with those criminals.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might, especially if they're fans of Kidman or anyone else in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, violence, some sexual content and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.