(2019) (Nicole Kidman, Sebastian Stan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A burned out cop tries to track down the cult-like leader of a group of bank robbers who she and her partner previously infiltrated while undercover.
- Erin Bell (NICOLE KIDMAN) is a burned-out LAPD officer with a defiant 16-year-old daughter, Shelby (JADE PETTYJOHN), who lives with Erin's ex-husband, Ethan (SCOOT McNAIRY). Erin has the look of someone who's been through Hell and back and her past torment returns when she receives a dye-stained one hundred dollar bill through the mail. That automatically makes her believe that the cult-like leader -- Silas Howe (TOBY KEBBELL), of a group of bank robbers who she and her partner, Chris (SEBASTIAN STAN), previously infiltrated while undercover -- is back at work.
Accordingly, and while contending with Shelby dating a much older man, Jay (BEAU KNAPP), Erin tries to track down Silas through those previously involved in the past bank robberies. They include Toby (JAMES JORDAN), who's terminally ill; Arturo (ZACH VILLA), who now provides free legal advice to immigrants; and Petra (TATIANA MASLANY), Silas' girlfriend who's his go-between with his money-laundering lawyer, Dennis DiFranco (BRADLEY WHITFORD). As she makes her way through them, she must contend with bad memories of her and Chris' undercover assignment with those criminals.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might, especially if they're fans of Kidman or anyone else in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, violence, some sexual content and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.