(2018) (Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An emergency room surgeon becomes a vigilante after a home invasion leaves his wife dead and their teenage daughter in a coma.
- Things seem great for Dr. Paul Kersey (BRUCE WILLIS). Not only is he a successful emergency room surgeon working in Chicago, but his wife, Lucy (ELISABETH SHUE), is about to get her Ph.D. and their 17-year-old daughter, Jordan (CAMILA MORRONE), has just been accepted into college. To celebrate all of that and his birthday, they plan on going out to dinner with his nearly always broke brother, Frank (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO), but with another surgeon calling in sick, Paul must go into work.
While he's gone and believing the house should be empty, some thugs break in and then take Lucy and Jordan hostage during their robbery attempt. One thing leads to another and Lucy ends up murdered and Jordan in a coma. Det. Rains (DEAN NORRIS) and Det. Jackson (KIMBERLY ELISE) of the local police department are assigned the case, but with so many other murder cases and few leads, they don't get anywhere with their investigation.
Fed up with that and other criminal behavior in general, Paul becomes an anonymous vigilante, doling out deadly violence as he sees fit. His actions soon result in him becoming known as the Grim Reaper, with opinion divided about whether he's right or wrong in his actions. As he continues with his deadly spree, he eventually begins to zero in on those responsible for the attack on his family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into the notion of vigilantes, or if they're a fan of Bruce Willis and/or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.