(2018) (Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An emergency room surgeon becomes a vigilante after a home invasion leaves his wife dead and their teenage daughter in a coma.
- Things seem great for Dr. Paul Kersey (BRUCE WILLIS). Not only is he a successful emergency room surgeon working in Chicago, but his wife, Lucy (ELISABETH SHUE), is about to get her Ph.D. and their 17-year-old daughter, Jordan (CAMILA MORRONE), has just been accepted into college. To celebrate all of that and his birthday, they plan on going out to dinner with his nearly always broke brother, Frank (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO), but with another surgeon calling in sick, Paul must go into work.
While he's gone and believing the house should be empty, some thugs break in and then take Lucy and Jordan hostage during their robbery attempt. One thing leads to another and Lucy ends up murdered and Jordan in a coma. Det. Rains (DEAN NORRIS) and Det. Jackson (KIMBERLY ELISE) of the local police department are assigned the case, but with so many other murder cases and few leads, they don't get anywhere with their investigation.
Fed up with that and other criminal behavior in general, Paul becomes an anonymous vigilante, doling out deadly violence as he sees fit. His actions soon result in him becoming known as the Grim Reaper, with opinion divided about whether he's right or wrong in his actions. As he continues with his deadly spree, he eventually begins to zero in on those responsible for the attack on his family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into the notion of vigilantes, or if they're a fan of Bruce Willis and/or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.