(2018) (Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The boxing heavyweight champion of the world must contend with a new opponent who just so happens to be the son of the boxer who killed the champ's father in the ring long ago.
- Things are going well for Adonis Johnson (MICHAEL B. JORDAN). Not only has he just become the heavyweight boxing champion of the world -- thanks in part to the work of his manager, former champion Rocky Balboa (SYLVESTER STALLONE) -- but he's also become engaged to his girlfriend, Bianca (TESSA THOMPSON), a singer who's succeeding in her career despite progressive hearing loss.
Things become complicated, however, when boxing promoter Buddy Marcelle (RUSSELL HORNSBY) comes up with a sensational match. And that would be pitting Adonis against up and coming Russian boxer Viktor Drago (FLORIAN MUNTEANU) whose father, Ivan (DOLPH LUNDGREN), killed Adonis' father in the ring decades ago before losing a match to Rocky.
Not wanting to be part of history possibly repeating itself -- what with Viktor being a huge, brutish fighter -- Rocky resigns as his manager and trainer, while Adonis' adoptive mother, Mary Anne (PHYLICIA RASHAD), isn't crazy about the idea either, what with having had to raise him on her own following her husband's death in the ring.
And with Bianca now pregnant, Mary Anne doesn't want her potentially facing the same sort of single-parent future. Nonetheless, Adonis agrees to fight Viktor but must contend -- like everyone else close to him -- with what happens during and after the bout.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or boxing movies in general they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sports action violence, language, and a scene of sensuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.