(2018) (Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The boxing heavyweight champion of the world must contend with a new opponent who just so happens to be the son of the boxer who killed the champ's father in the ring long ago.
- Things are going well for Adonis Johnson (MICHAEL B. JORDAN). Not only has he just become the heavyweight boxing champion of the world -- thanks in part to the work of his manager, former champion Rocky Balboa (SYLVESTER STALLONE) -- but he's also become engaged to his girlfriend, Bianca (TESSA THOMPSON), a singer who's succeeding in her career despite progressive hearing loss.
Things become complicated, however, when boxing promoter Buddy Marcelle (RUSSELL HORNSBY) comes up with a sensational match. And that would be pitting Adonis against up and coming Russian boxer Viktor Drago (FLORIAN MUNTEANU) whose father, Ivan (DOLPH LUNDGREN), killed Adonis' father in the ring decades ago before losing a match to Rocky.
Not wanting to be part of history possibly repeating itself -- what with Viktor being a huge, brutish fighter -- Rocky resigns as his manager and trainer, while Adonis' adoptive mother, Mary Anne (PHYLICIA RASHAD), isn't crazy about the idea either, what with having had to raise him on her own following her husband's death in the ring.
And with Bianca now pregnant, Mary Anne doesn't want her potentially facing the same sort of single-parent future. Nonetheless, Adonis agrees to fight Viktor but must contend -- like everyone else close to him -- with what happens during and after the bout.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or boxing movies in general they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sports action violence, language, and a scene of sensuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.