(2018) (Gabrielle Union, Billy Burke) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A mother tries to break into a high-tech, smart home where her two children are being held hostage by three criminals.
- Shaun Russell (GABRIELLE UNION) is a wife and mother of two kids, teenager Jasmine (AJIONA ALEXUS) and younger brother Glover (SETH CARR), who recently learned of the death of her estranged father, Isaac (DAMIEN LEAKE). The man was wealthy on account of some apparent illegal activity and has, unbeknownst to Shaun, stashed $4 million in liquidated cash at the remote Wisconsin estate she has just inherited. Shaun travels with her two kids to the wooded retreat to get it ready for sale. What she finds is a smart home with the latest in safe house technology -- everything from an alarm system to motion-activated interior and exterior lights to cameras covering nearly every angle of the residence outside and in.
Also unbeknownst to her, four criminals are also in the large house when she and the kids get there. They know of the $4 million in cash. They just don't know the location of the safe holding the money. The leader is Eddie (BILLY BURKE), a smooth criminal who rarely loses his cool. His cohorts are Peter (MARK FURZE), an expert safecracker; Sam (LEVI MEADEN), a sensitive ex-con; and Duncan (RICHARD CABRAL), the sadistic muscle of the crew, who has no problem killing.
While Shaun tangles with Peter in the adjacent woods, Eddie and the rest of his gang take Jasmine and Glover hostage and seal up the house. It's up to Shaun to figure out a way to defeat the home's high-tech security defenses and rescue her son and daughter. At the same time, two people are scheduled to come to the house that night -- her husband, Justin (JASON GEORGE, and local Realtor Maggie (CHRISTA MILLER) -- who may or may not make the situation worse.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its action, diverse cast, and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, menace, bloody images, sexual references, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.