(2018) (Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four older women find their romantic and sexual longings changed when they read "Fifty Shades of Grey" for their latest book club gathering.
- Hotel owner Vivian (JANE FONDA), federal judge Sharon (CANDICE BERGEN), homemaker Diane (DIANE KEATON), and chef Carol (MARY STEENBURGEN) are longtime friends who routinely get together for a small book club gathering and their latest read is the erotic novel "Fifty Shades of Gray." The steaminess of that offering draws different opinions from the women.
For promiscuous Jane, it's no big deal, although she's been thrown for a bit of a loop by recently reconnecting with the guy she lost her virginity to long ago, Arthur (DON JOHNSON). For Carol, she hopes the book might help spice up the recently dead love life between her and her retired husband, Bruce (CRAIG T. NELSON).
Sharon thinks they're too old for such nonsense, having not dated for nearly two decades following her divorce from Tom (ED BEGLEY JR.) who's now engaged to the much younger Cheryl (MIRCEA MONROE). She reluctantly tries out online matchmaking and ends up on a date with accountant George (RICHARD DREYFUSS).
Meanwhile, Diane has lost her husband in the past year, thus causing her adult daughters -- Jill (ALICIA SILVERSTONE) and Adrianne (KATIS ASELTON) -- to believe she's too old to live by herself and should move from Santa Monica to Arizona to be by them. But when she meets pilot Mitchell (ANDY GARCIA) on a flight, she starts to rethink the prospects of that.
As the women continue reading the steamy book and try to figure out the various men in their lives, they discuss all matters related to sex, love, and relationships.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sex-related material throughout, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.