(2018) (Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four older women find their romantic and sexual longings changed when they read "Fifty Shades of Grey" for their latest book club gathering.
- Hotel owner Vivian (JANE FONDA), federal judge Sharon (CANDICE BERGEN), homemaker Diane (DIANE KEATON), and chef Carol (MARY STEENBURGEN) are longtime friends who routinely get together for a small book club gathering and their latest read is the erotic novel "Fifty Shades of Gray." The steaminess of that offering draws different opinions from the women.
For promiscuous Jane, it's no big deal, although she's been thrown for a bit of a loop by recently reconnecting with the guy she lost her virginity to long ago, Arthur (DON JOHNSON). For Carol, she hopes the book might help spice up the recently dead love life between her and her retired husband, Bruce (CRAIG T. NELSON).
Sharon thinks they're too old for such nonsense, having not dated for nearly two decades following her divorce from Tom (ED BEGLEY JR.) who's now engaged to the much younger Cheryl (MIRCEA MONROE). She reluctantly tries out online matchmaking and ends up on a date with accountant George (RICHARD DREYFUSS).
Meanwhile, Diane has lost her husband in the past year, thus causing her adult daughters -- Jill (ALICIA SILVERSTONE) and Adrianne (KATIS ASELTON) -- to believe she's too old to live by herself and should move from Santa Monica to Arizona to be by them. But when she meets pilot Mitchell (ANDY GARCIA) on a flight, she starts to rethink the prospects of that.
As the women continue reading the steamy book and try to figure out the various men in their lives, they discuss all matters related to sex, love, and relationships.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sex-related material throughout, and for language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.