<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2018) (Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: With just a few days left on his parole, a young felon must contend with potentially disastrous things as he tries to remain on the straight and narrow.
- Collin (DAVEED DIGGS) is a felon convicted of beating up a man while working as a bar doorman. Now, with just a few days left on his one year of probation that's kept him confined to areas of Oakland where he grew up, he simply wants to lay low and remain on the straight and narrow until that time is up.
That's easier said than done, what with his best friend and coworker Miles (RAFAEL CASAL) being something of a short-tempered loose cannon, despite being the father of a young boy he's raising with Ashley (JASMINE CEPHAS JONES). Collin once had a girlfriend in Val (JANINA GAVANKAR) -- who assigns the daily jobs for him and Miles as movers -- but his violent outburst turned her off and now they're simply coworkers.
While on the way home just before his curfew, Collin unexpectedly ends up witnessing a white cop, Officer Molina (ETHAN EMBRY), shoot and kill a black man who was running away from him. Realizing reporting that would likely mean a world of trouble, Collin doesn't tell anyone except for Miles. As they go about their daily routines, Collin finds himself troubled by not having done or said anything, all as homegrown people like him contend with changes coming to the city.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, some brutal violence, sexual references and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.