(2018) (Steve Carell, Timothee Chalamet) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A father tries to help his drug-addicted son before it's too late.
- David Sheff (STEVE CARELL) writes freelance articles for magazines but his focus of recent has mostly turned to his son, Nic (TIMOTHEE CHALAMET). And that's because the older teenager is a drug addict, mainly addicted to crystal meth. With his ex-wife, Vicki (AMY RYAN), living far away and having little contact with their son, David leans on his second wife, Karen (MAURA TIERNEY) -- with whom he has two young kids, Jasper (CHRISTIAN CONVERY) and Daisy (OAKLEY BULL) -- for emotional support.
But even that doesn't help as heart-to-heart conversations and even having Nic go through rehab doesn't seem to do any good, what with him repeatedly returning to his use, including with his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Lauren (KAITLYN DEVER). Realizing time might be running out for his son, David tries to do whatever he can to save him, even while that's putting a strain on his life and family at home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of anyone in the cast, it doesn't seem likely the somber material will be that enticing for any others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For drug content throughout, language, and brief sexual material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.