(2018) (Steve Carell, Timothee Chalamet) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A father tries to help his drug-addicted son before it's too late.
- David Sheff (STEVE CARELL) writes freelance articles for magazines but his focus of recent has mostly turned to his son, Nic (TIMOTHEE CHALAMET). And that's because the older teenager is a drug addict, mainly addicted to crystal meth. With his ex-wife, Vicki (AMY RYAN), living far away and having little contact with their son, David leans on his second wife, Karen (MAURA TIERNEY) -- with whom he has two young kids, Jasper (CHRISTIAN CONVERY) and Daisy (OAKLEY BULL) -- for emotional support.
But even that doesn't help as heart-to-heart conversations and even having Nic go through rehab doesn't seem to do any good, what with him repeatedly returning to his use, including with his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Lauren (KAITLYN DEVER). Realizing time might be running out for his son, David tries to do whatever he can to save him, even while that's putting a strain on his life and family at home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of anyone in the cast, it doesn't seem likely the somber material will be that enticing for any others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For drug content throughout, language, and brief sexual material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.