(2018) (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Pratt) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: Various superheroes attempt to stop a megalomaniacal villain from obtaining six rare but powerful stones that he intends to use to wipe out half of the universe's population.
- Thanos (motion capture performance by JOSH BROLIN) is a megalomaniacal villain who wants to get his hands on six rare but powerful Infinity Stones -- they being the mind, soul, space, power, time and reality ones -- that will make him the most powerful being of all time and allow him to carry out his misguided quest to save those in the universe from themselves, mainly by using genocide to cull the herd by half. Naturally, there are those who desire to stop him, but we quickly see that Thor (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), his brother Loki (TOM HIDDLESTON) and even the mighty Hulk (motion capture performance by MARK RUFFALO) are no match for the villain's might, even with only a few stones put into his massive glove so far.
When Hulk's alter ego, Bruce Banner (MARK RUFFALO), ends up literally crashing into the estate of Dr. Strange (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH), the scientist warns him and Wong (BENEDICT WONG) about Thanos and his deadly quest. They then find Tony Stark (ROBERT DOWNEY JR.), a.k.a. Iron Man, and hope he can get the Avengers to help battle the villain. Tony informs them that his former superheroes group went through a civil war of their own and are not on speaking terms, but is nonetheless urged to make the call.
Before he can, two of Thanos' goons -- including the telepathic Ebony Maw (motion capture performance by TOM VAUGHAN-LAWLOR) -- arrive and try to get their hands on the Infinity Stone that Dr. Strange wears around his neck. Ebony Maw manages to kidnap Strange and both Iron Man and Spider-Man (TOM HOLLAND) -- who's swung in to help his mentor -- catch a ride aboard the enemy spaceship in hopes of saving him.
The Guardians of the Galaxy -- Star-Lord (CHRIS PRATT), Rocket (voiced by BRADLEY COOPER), Drax (motion capture performance by DAVE BAUTISTA), Gamora (ZOE SALDANA), Groot (voiced by VIN DIESEL) and Mantis (POM KLEMENTIEFF) -- end up saving Thor who they find adrift in space. They learn about Thanos' plans from him, something that doesn't sit well with Drax whose family Thanos killed in the past, or Gamora who, like her sister Nebula (KAREN GILLAN), were "adopted" by the villain as children.
Also needing saving are Wanda Maximoff (ELIZABETH OLSEN), a.k.a. Scarlet Witch, and her android boyfriend, Vision (PAUL BETTANY), who've come under attack by more of Thanos' goons who want the Infinity Stone that's planted in Vision's forehead. Thankfully for them, Steve Rogers (CHRIS EVANS), Natasha Romanoff (SCARLETT JOHANSSON), and Falcon (ANTHONY MACKIE) show up just in time.
Realizing they're going to need extra help, they head for the hidden, high-tech capital of Wakanda where they join forces with that land's ruler, Black Panther (CHADWICK BOSEMAN), his top general, Okoye (DANAI GURIRA), Rogers' best friend, Bucky Barnes (SEBASTIAN STAN), and others, all while T'Challa's sister, Shuri (LETITIA WRIGHT), tries to figure out how to get the stone out of Vision's head without killing him, and before Thanos' army of monsters break through the Wakandan force field and attack the army inside that.
As various battles take place on various fronts, the assemblage of superheroes tries to stop Thanos from collecting all six Infinity Stones and unleashing mass murder across the universe.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're into superhero movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, language and some crude references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.