<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2018) (Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Action: Having been left for dead after a hunting accident, a young Paleolithic era man sets out across hostile environs to try to make it home, with his only companion being a wild wolf he's nursed back to health.
- It's 20,000 years ago somewhere in Europe and a small tribe of Paleolithic era men have embarked on their annual and arduous trek to ancient hunting grounds to kill bison. The tribe's leader, Tau (JÓHANNES HAUKUR JÓHANNESSON), has great hopes that his son, Keda (KODI SMIT-MCPHEE) will one day assume his position, but the young man is inexperienced and has an aversion to killing animals.
When part of the hunt goes terribly wrong, Keda ends up unconscious on a narrow ledge too far down from the top and too high up from the bottom for the others to check on or rescue him. With them believing Keda to be dead, they depart for the long trip back home.
Keda then regains consciousness, manages to get off that ledge, and learns he's all alone. When he's attacked by a pack of wolves, he manages to wound one before escaping to the safety of a tree. But after the rest of the pack has left, he can't bring himself to kill the wolf and instead decides to nurse it back to health.
Upon completion of that, and with an unlikely bond having developed between the two, Keda sets out in an attempt to walk home, accompanied by the wolf he's now named Alpha.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're interested in prehistoric peoples or are drawn to the story of a young man and his "pet" wolf they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some intense peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.