(2018) (Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: To compete with a new, state-of-the-art amusement park opening nearby, a daredevil theme park operator devises a collection of unsafe, irresponsible thrill rides.
- D.C. (JOHNNY KNOXVILLE) is an elderly man in 2018 who enjoys spending time with his granddaughter and telling her stories about the good old days when he owned and operated an amusement park. Known as Action Point, the park featured low-tech rides that had little in the way of safeties or restraints -- a stark contrast to the corporate-owned 7 Parks theme park that opened in 1979 and became his direct competition.
Back in the summer of '79, the divorced D.C. was hosting his estranged daughter Boogie (ELEANOR WORTHINGTON-COX) for the season while trying to keep Action Point in business. He had a lot of help, including his best friend Benny (CHRIS PONTIUS), his accountant Rodney (ERIC MANAKA), and numerous eccentric park employees (BRIGETTE LUNDY-PAINE, MICHAEL EVERSON, JOHNNY PEMBERTON, and CONNER McVICKER).
But he also had an adversary in local financier Knoblach (DAN BAKKEDAHL) and his bully son, Travis (MATTHEW PETERSON), who work for the rival theme park and want only for D.C. to fail so they can buy up his land for expansion. The film tells the tale of how D.C., Boogie, and the various Action Point employees pulled out all the stops that summer to try and save their beloved park.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its R-rated content, especially those who are familiar with Knoxville's old "Jackass" TV show and movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content, language, drug use, teen drinking, and brief graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.