(2018) (Emily Blunt, John Krasinski) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: An isolated family tries to survive in a post-apocalyptic world that's been decimated by heavily armored and blind monsters that hunt by sound.
- More than a year after their young son, Beau (CADE WOODWARD), was killed by heavily armored and blind monsters that hunt by sound and have decimated most of the world's population, the Abbott family is simply trying to survive by remaining as silent as possible in their post-apocalyptic world. While Evelyn (EMILY BLUNT) is due to deliver another child in a few weeks, Lee (JOHN KRASINSKI) is trying to develop a hearing aid that will help their deaf daughter, Regan (MILLICENT SIMMONDS), hear, when not taking their son, Marcus (NOAH JUPE), out beyond their remote farm to teach him how to survive.
The pending addition to their family puts them in an obvious bind as the baby is surely going to make noise, something they're doing their best to make sure won't draw the attention of the monsters that routinely arrive with even the slightest unusual sound. But with the baby's unexpected early arrival, the family must do what they can to remain quiet and thus avoid further monster attacks.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into monster-based horror films or are fans of anyone in the cast they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror and some bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.