(2018) (Elsie Fisher, Josh Hamilton) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An unpopular student tries to make it through eighth grade and the accompanying trials and tribulations of being a young adolescent girl.
- Kayla Day (ELSIE FISHER) is a young adolescent girl who lives with her single dad, Mark (JOSH HAMILTON), and is finishing up her time in eighth grade. Voted the quietest girl at her school, she makes and posts online videos instructing others about how to be yourself, be confident and so on, but doesn't always follow her own advice.
She has a crush on classmate Aiden (LUKE PRAEL) who doesn't know she exists, while she hopes to be friends with Kennedy (CATHERINE OLIVIERE), the most popular girl at school. When her mom invites Kayla to Kennedy's birthday pool party, Kayla hesitantly shows up, and ends up drawing the attention of Kennedy's goofy cousin, Gabe (JAKE RYAN).
With her dad trying to help her but not understanding what she's going through, things look bleak for Kayla. That is, until she gets to shadow high school senior Olivia (EMILY ROBINSON) for a day. During that, she learns that others before her have gone through the same issues, thus giving her some hope, but even that glimmer of a better future arrives with related issues and problems.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about students in the eighth grade, it could prove enticing to them and others in nearby grades.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexual material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.