(2018) (Elsie Fisher, Josh Hamilton) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An unpopular student tries to make it through eighth grade and the accompanying trials and tribulations of being a young adolescent girl.
- Kayla Day (ELSIE FISHER) is a young adolescent girl who lives with her single dad, Mark (JOSH HAMILTON), and is finishing up her time in eighth grade. Voted the quietest girl at her school, she makes and posts online videos instructing others about how to be yourself, be confident and so on, but doesn't always follow her own advice.
She has a crush on classmate Aiden (LUKE PRAEL) who doesn't know she exists, while she hopes to be friends with Kennedy (CATHERINE OLIVIERE), the most popular girl at school. When her mom invites Kayla to Kennedy's birthday pool party, Kayla hesitantly shows up, and ends up drawing the attention of Kennedy's goofy cousin, Gabe (JAKE RYAN).
With her dad trying to help her but not understanding what she's going through, things look bleak for Kayla. That is, until she gets to shadow high school senior Olivia (EMILY ROBINSON) for a day. During that, she learns that others before her have gone through the same issues, thus giving her some hope, but even that glimmer of a better future arrives with related issues and problems.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about students in the eighth grade, it could prove enticing to them and others in nearby grades.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexual material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.