<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2017) (Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A misanthrope tries to reunite with his ex-wife and learns that they have a 17-year-old daughter.
- Wilson (WOODY HARRELSON) is something of a misanthrope who dislikes technology and has few friends. When he learns that his father is dying from cancer, he leaves his beloved pooch with his pet sitter, Shelly (JUDY GREER), to visit his dad. Upon that man's passing, he decides he'd like to get back together with his ex-wife who left him seventeen years ago to have an abortion, followed by a life of drug use and prostitution.
When he finally finds Pippi (LAURA DERN), he discovers that she didn't have the abortion, but instead had the baby that she then gave up for adoption. Wilson then decides the two should find their daughter and do so in the form of 17-year-old Claire (ISABELLA AMARA) who isn't happy in her life, what with being bullied for being a plus-sized teen and having rich parents who she doesn't believe are that involved in her life. From that point on, Wilson tries to form a new family of sorts with his ex and their daughter.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout and some sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.