(2017) (Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A special operatives duo -- who are also romantic partners -- try to solve a dangerous mystery aboard a gargantuan space station filled with thousands of species of life forms.
- It's the year 2740 and Major Valerian (DANE DeHAAN) and Sergeant Laureline (CARA DELEVINGNE) not only are work partners as intergalactic special operatives, but they're also romantically involved with each other. Their latest mission is to try to retrieve a Mül Converter -- a small creature that can replicate most anything given to it in mass quantity -- that's been stolen and is now located on a planet filled with hostile aliens. After succeeding at that, they travel to the gargantuan space station known as Alpha where thousands of life forms peacefully coexist.
They're assigned to work with Commander Arun Filitt (CLIVE OWEN) who's concerned about a mysterious energy force that's at the center of the space station and that seemingly can't be penetrated. During a meeting about just that, a small army of Mül beings -- the only survivors of their planet that was wiped out by a space war in which they were not involved -- kidnap Filitt. It's then up to Valerian and Laureline to rescue him, all of which leads to run-ins with aliens with an appetite for her, and Valerian needing help from Jolly the Pimp (ETHAN HAWKE) and his shape-shifting exotic dancer, Bubble (RIHANNA).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some might be drawn in by the sci-fi elements or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi violence and action, suggestive material and brief language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.