<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2017) (Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A special operatives duo -- who are also romantic partners -- try to solve a dangerous mystery aboard a gargantuan space station filled with thousands of species of life forms.
- It's the year 2740 and Major Valerian (DANE DeHAAN) and Sergeant Laureline (CARA DELEVINGNE) not only are work partners as intergalactic special operatives, but they're also romantically involved with each other. Their latest mission is to try to retrieve a Mül Converter -- a small creature that can replicate most anything given to it in mass quantity -- that's been stolen and is now located on a planet filled with hostile aliens. After succeeding at that, they travel to the gargantuan space station known as Alpha where thousands of life forms peacefully coexist.
They're assigned to work with Commander Arun Filitt (CLIVE OWEN) who's concerned about a mysterious energy force that's at the center of the space station and that seemingly can't be penetrated. During a meeting about just that, a small army of Mül beings -- the only survivors of their planet that was wiped out by a space war in which they were not involved -- kidnap Filitt. It's then up to Valerian and Laureline to rescue him, all of which leads to run-ins with aliens with an appetite for her, and Valerian needing help from Jolly the Pimp (ETHAN HAWKE) and his shape-shifting exotic dancer, Bubble (RIHANNA).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some might be drawn in by the sci-fi elements or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi violence and action, suggestive material and brief language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.