(2017) (Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Thriller: A detective tries to solve a missing persons case that might be tied to similar events from years ago.
- Harry Hole (MICHAEL FASSBENDER) is a troubled detective in Oslo who's still close with his ex-girlfriend, Rakel (CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG), and her teenage son, Oleg (MICHAEL YATES), even after she's now involved with another man, plastic surgeon Mathias (JONAS KARLSSON). Harry gets a new partner in the form of Katrine Bratt (REBECCA FERGUSON) and goes along with her on a missing persons case that turns out to be just one of several, all noted by the presence of recently built snowmen. Even more troubling is an ominous note that Harry has received that indicates an anonymous serial killer is watching him, something that also happened to another detective there in the past, Rafto (VAL KILMER), who ended up dead.
Looking for connective clues, Harry discovers that some of the missing women had appointments with Dr. Vetlesen (DAVID DENCIK), an OBGYN who performs abortions and appears suspicious to both detectives. But Katrine has her focus set on philanthropist Arve Stop (J.K. SIMMONS) who's appeared in photos with the likes of Vetlesen and others, and appears to have a salacious appetite for younger women. With people ending up dead and dismembered, Harry tries to figure out who the killer is and stop them before they strike again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For grisly images, violence, some language, sexuality and brief nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.