(2017) (Kate Winslet, Idris Elba) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two strangers end up stranded in the snowy wilderness after their small plane crashes there and try to figure out how to survive.
- Photojournalist Alex Martin (KATE WINSLET) and neurosurgeon Ben Bass (IDRIS ELBA) are complete strangers, but when their flight from Idaho to Denver is canceled, they end up in a small plane piloted by Alex's friend, Walter (BEAU BRIDGES). Alex needs to get home in order to marry her boyfriend, Mark (DERMOT MULRONEY), while Ben needs to get back to Baltimore in order to perform surgery on a patient in need. But they don't even make it to Denver as Walter suffers a stroke during their flight and the three end up crashing high atop a snow-covered mountain with no sight of civilization in any direction.
Alex and Ben survive, as does Walter's dog, but the pilot perishes, thus leaving it up to the strangers to figure out how to survive. Despite having an injured leg, Alex wants to head out to try to find help, while Ben thinks that would be certain suicide, especially considering the waist-deep snow, bitter cold, and lack of proper winter hiking gear. He prefers that they stay in what's left of the wreckage, what with it at least providing a little bit of shelter from the elements.
Nonetheless, he reluctantly joins her after she heads off on her own. From that point on, they must contend with various perils along the way as they search for hope, all while experiencing mixed emotions toward each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of Winslet, Elba or romance in the face of dire circumstances types of stories, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For a scene of sexuality, peril, injury images, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.