(2017) (Emma Watson, Tom Hanks) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A young woman rises quickly through a powerful social media company only to become concerned by their growing intrusion into everyone's lives and privacy.
- Mae Holland (EMMA WATSON) is a young woman whose close friend, Annie (KAREN GILLAN), gets her a customer service job interview at The Circle, a large tech and social media company. Run by its founder, Eamon Bailey (TOM HANKS), and COO Tom Stenton (PATTON OSWALT), the company is heavily into making everyone's lives as open and accessible as possible to everyone around the world, and their latest product, a miniature and wireless camera, is a big step in that direction for them. While a bit overwhelmed by all of the social media requirements -- including that involving one's downtime -- Mae really likes her job, something not lost on her parents, Vinnie (BILL PAXTON) and Bonnie (GLENNE HEADLY), who must contend with him having multiple sclerosis.
But not everyone's enthusiastic about the company's direction, be that Mae's childhood friend, Mercer (ELLAR COLTRANE), who makes a living creating unique chandeliers, or even one of the company's original founders, Ty Lafitte (JOHN BOYEGA), who befriends Mae but informs her he's concerned by the company's continued and ever-increasing intrusion into everyone's lives and privacy.
Even so, and after the social media platform and technology ends up saving her life, Mae finds herself a rising star in the company, as well as on the Internet due to being the first person to have every aspect of their life broadcast to everyone around the world. When she sees how far that technology can go, however, she begins to have a change of heart.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into social media might be intrigued by the premise, and Emma Watson might draw in others as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For a sexual situation, brief strong language and some thematic elements including drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.