<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2017) (Douglas Smith, Cressida Bonas) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Three college students move into a creepy, off-campus house and are soon stalked by a malevolent, ancient evil.
- Tired of living on campus, Elliott (DOUGLAS SMITH) convinces his girlfriend, Sasha (CRESSIDA BONAS), and his best friend, John (LUCIEN LAVISCOUNT), to lease a nearby house. But the house is old and rundown and more than a bit creepy. The trio holds their first party, and Sasha invites her psychic friend, Kim (JENNA KANELL), to do a "spiritual cleanse" of the residence.
During a sťance, they inadvertently summon an ancient evil known as The Bye Bye Man (DOUG JONES), who commandeers your thoughts, makes you see and hear things that aren't so, and eventually drives you to madness and even murder. Elliott's brother, Virgil (MICHAEL TRUCCO), and young niece, Alice (ERICA TREMBLAY), become worried about him. But Elliott seeks to protect them by adopting a strategy of "Don't say it, don't think it" regarding The Bye Bye Man's name.
Easier said than done. When tragedy strikes, an intrepid local cop, Detective Shaw (CARRIE-ANNE MOSS), tries to get the truth out of him and his friends. Elliott, though, remains tight-lipped and seeks out the one person who may be able to help -- the Widow Redmon (FAYE DUNAWAY), whose husband died decades earlier at the hands of the fiendish demon.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens will definitely have some interest due to the mostly young cast and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, horror violence, bloody images, sexual content, thematic elements, partial nudity, some language, and teen drinking.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.