(2017) (Naomi Watts, Jaeden Lieberher) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A single mom must contend with her brilliant son's belief that their next door neighbor is abusing his teenage stepdaughter, along with his well-calculated plan detailing what to do about that.
- Susan Carpenter (NAOMI WATTS) is a single mom who's raising her ultra-brilliant, 11-year-old son, Henry (JAEDEN LIEBERHER), along with his younger brother, Peter (JACOB TREMBLAY), by herself. When she isn't working alongside her friend and co-worker, Sheila (SARAH SILVERMAN), at a small diner, Susan lets Henry handle the family's finances and other serious issues, including a series of headaches he's been recently experiencing.
But when he's not doing that, inventing all sorts of things or protecting Peter from bullies at school, Henry is concerned that the teenager who lives next door, Christina Sickleman (MADDIE ZIEGLER), is being abused by her widowed stepfather, Glenn (DEAN NORRIS). To make matters worse, he's the police commissioner and thus friends with those at the child protective services division in their town.
Accordingly, and realizing he must think outside of the box that isn't offering him many viable solutions, Henry begins concocting a plan to help Christina. But when an illness suddenly strikes and Dr. David Daniels (LEE PACE) is called in hopes of helping Henry, the boy details his plan in hopes that his mother will execute it for him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since some kids are major characters in the story, it's possible that might entice some children to want to watch it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.