(2017) (Anna Kendrick, Lisa Kudrow) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A group of strangers end up seated together at a wedding and must contend with their various issues.
- Eloise McGarry (ANNA KENDRICK) is a young woman whose boyfriend of two years, Teddy (WYATT RUSSELL), has recently broken up with her. The fact that he's the brother to Eloise's friend and will be the best man in that woman's wedding has forced Eloise to drop out of serving as the maid of honor, a role that's now gone to Teddy's girlfriend, Nikki (AMANDA CREW), who he dated before Eloise.
Regardless of that development, Eloise has decided to attend the wedding, but having been the person who arranged the seating chart for the reception, she's put herself in the back corner at table 19. Joining her are Bina (LISA KUDROW) and Jerry Kepp (CRAIG ROBINSON) who run a diner in another state but are suffering from marital discord; ex-con Walter Thimble (STEPHEN MERCHANT) who once stole $125,000 from the bride's father; Jo Flanagan (JUNE SQUIBB) who was the bride's nanny decades ago; and Renzo Eckberg (TONY REVOLORI), a high school student who's been encouraged by his mom to attend the wedding rather than his junior prom since it means he'll likely have a better chance of getting lucky there.
As the reception draws on, those at the table get to know each other as each goes through the various issues they're facing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast. Otherwise, it doesn't seem too likely this film is on most kids' radar screens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, sexual content, drug use, language and some brief nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.