(2017) (Anna Kendrick, Lisa Kudrow) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A group of strangers end up seated together at a wedding and must contend with their various issues.
- Eloise McGarry (ANNA KENDRICK) is a young woman whose boyfriend of two years, Teddy (WYATT RUSSELL), has recently broken up with her. The fact that he's the brother to Eloise's friend and will be the best man in that woman's wedding has forced Eloise to drop out of serving as the maid of honor, a role that's now gone to Teddy's girlfriend, Nikki (AMANDA CREW), who he dated before Eloise.
Regardless of that development, Eloise has decided to attend the wedding, but having been the person who arranged the seating chart for the reception, she's put herself in the back corner at table 19. Joining her are Bina (LISA KUDROW) and Jerry Kepp (CRAIG ROBINSON) who run a diner in another state but are suffering from marital discord; ex-con Walter Thimble (STEPHEN MERCHANT) who once stole $125,000 from the bride's father; Jo Flanagan (JUNE SQUIBB) who was the bride's nanny decades ago; and Renzo Eckberg (TONY REVOLORI), a high school student who's been encouraged by his mom to attend the wedding rather than his junior prom since it means he'll likely have a better chance of getting lucky there.
As the reception draws on, those at the table get to know each other as each goes through the various issues they're facing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast. Otherwise, it doesn't seem too likely this film is on most kids' radar screens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, sexual content, drug use, language and some brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.