(2017) (James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: Three teenage girls must contend with a man -- who suffers from a multiple personality disorder -- kidnapping them.
- Kevin Wendell Crumb (JAMES McAVOY) is a young man who suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder and has 23 distinct personalities as identified by his therapist, Dr. Karen Fletcher (BETTY BUCKLEY). They range from a nine-year-old, Hedwig, to fashion designer Barry, and those who seem to rule them and the rest, Dennis and Patricia.
Unbeknownst to Karen, one of Kevin's personalities has gone out and abducted three teenagers -- friends Claire (HALEY LU RICHARDSON) and Marcia (JESSICA SULA) and their school's outcast, Casey (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY) -- and locked them inside a windowless room. The girls are terrified, especially when they realize their abductor is mentally unstable as his various personalities come to visit them. Having dealt with trauma in her childhood at the hands of her uncle, John (BRAD WILLIAM HENKE), while camping with her father (SEBASTIAN ARCELUS), Casey seems best equipped to deal with the uncertain situation, and she tries to convince Hedwig to help them escape.
But the boy won't, especially since he knows that "The Beast" is on his way, something that Dennis discusses with Dr. Fletcher over their various unscheduled sessions. With Karen becoming increasingly concerned about changes in Kevin's behavior, the girls back in his hidden lair do what they can to try to escape before Kevin's ominous-sounding 24th personality arrives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are into psychological thrillers or might be a fan of anyone in the cast could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic content and behavior, violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.