(2017) (Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Three people involved in the Austin music scene contend with being in a love triangle.
- BV (RYAN GOSLING) is a man whose life seems to be good. Not only is he making it as a songwriter in the Austin, Texas music scene, but he's also dating Faye (ROONEY MARA), a young woman likewise trying to give it a go in the world of music. Unbeknownst to BV, Faye is also dating Cook (MICHAEL FASSBENDER), a music promoter who just so happens to be BV's boss and mentor. Cook is aware of Faye sleeping with his protégé, but doesn't seem to mind, what with having a thing for two women and one man threesomes in his bed.
He eventually meets former teacher turned waitress Rhonda (NATALIE PORTMAN) and sweeps her off her feet, all while BV eventually learns of Faye's involvement with Cook. That leads to a break-up where he eventually dates Amanda (CATE BLANCHETT), while Faye begins a lesbian fling with Zoey (BERENICE MARLOHE), all as the concert and music scene in the city continues to play.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- There are plenty of big stars present, so that might draw those who are diehard fans, while the Austin music scene might draw others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some sexuality, nudity, drug use and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.