(2017) (Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Action: After coming into possession of twenty-five kilos of cocaine, an undercover detective tries to rescue his teenage son who's been kidnapped by a casino boss who owes the drugs to a dangerous gangster.
- Vincent Downs (JAMIE FOXX) and Sean Cass (T.I.) are homicide detectives working the Las Vegas beat. After a car chase and shootout, the two come into the possession of twenty-five kilos of cocaine, but Vincent soon learns it was intended for casino boss Stanley Rubino (DERMOT MULRONEY) when the latter's goons knife him and kidnap his sixteen-year-old son, Thomas (OCTAVIUS J. JOHNSON). Not wanting to tell his ex-wife, nurse Dena (GABRIELLE UNION), what's happened, Vincent intends to quietly trade the cocaine for his son, something that's amenable to Stanley since the drugs actually belong to Rob Novak (SCOOT McNAIRY), the feared gangster son of a crime boss.
But Vincent's plan goes awry due to Internal Affairs detective Jennifer Bryant (MICHELLE MONAGHAN) -- who's been watching the cop with her I.A. partner, Doug Dennison (DAVID HARBOUR) -- finds the drugs stashed in a casino restroom and hides them elsewhere. Jennifer is certain Vincent's a dirty cop, and now that she sees that Stanley and Novak are involved, she sees this as a potential big bust. But what she doesn't know is that Vincent is really an internal affairs detective himself who's been deep undercover for several years, and her attempts to nab him are threatening his work and cover. From that point on, she tries to nab him in the act while he tries to free his son from the casino and all who wish to do both of them harm.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're into undercover cop drama/action flicks and/or might be a fan of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.