(2017) (Milla Jovovich, Iain Glen) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: In a world where a virus has wiped out most of the Earth's population, transformed many of the survivors into zombies, and given rise to all sorts of mutated creatures, a ragtag group of survivors mounts a final stand.
- The film begins with Alice (MILLA JOVOVICH) walking around the ruins of a post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C., and evading various zombie and creature threats. She is contacted via hologram by the Red Queen (EVER ANDERSON), who tells her that the remnants of humanity are about to be wiped out in 48 hours. But she has once chance to save them if she can get to what's left of Raccoon City, infiltrate the underground Hive, and release an anti-virus developed by the all-powerful Umbrella Corporation.
Along the way, she runs afoul of the evil Dr. Alexander Isaacs (IAIN GLEN), who is leading thousands of zombies to Raccoon City to wipe out a pocket of rebels. He remains in league with the enigmatic Wesker (SHAWN ROBERTS), who is holed up in The Hive and eager to eradicate what's left of the survivors.
Alice fights her way to the city where she teams up with her old friend and ally, Claire (ALI LARTER), and a group of ragtag rebels led by Doc (EOIN MACKEN). Their group also includes such fighters as Razor (FRASER JAMES), Christian (WILLIAM LEVY), and Abigail (RUBY ROSE) who slowly trust Alice and vow to help her find the anti-virus and turn the tables on the Umbrella company and the undead infesting what's left of the Earth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have played the video game on which this movie series is based will have the most interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of violence throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.