(2017) (Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical Comedy: An all-female a cappella singing group tries to rekindle their college glory days by competing in a USO tour challenge involving other, more talented bands.
- The various members of the Bellas a cappella singing group have all graduated college and are now in the "real world." Beca (ANNA KENDRICKS) is a music producer who is trying to manage a young, white hip-hop artist who she despises. Chloe (BRITTANY SNOW) is in training to be a veterinarian, but would rather be singing out loud. Fat Amy (REBEL WILSON) is a street performer, but otherwise unemployed and living off Beca. And Aubrey (ANNA CAMP) laments over her absentee military father and comes up with the idea for the Bellas to perform on a USO tour so she can connect with him.
The only Bella still in school is singer/songwriter Emily (HAILEE STEINFELD), and she tags along on the European tour for fun. Their first stop is Spain, and we come to learn that Aubrey isn't the only one with "daddy issues." Amy's criminal father, Fergus (JOHN LITHGOW), shows up and tries to make amends for all of the years he was a derelict dad. But it's clear that he hasn't left his shady past behind him. We soon come to learn that Amy has a bank account in the Cayman Islands she knew nothing about that contains $180 million ... and her dad wants access to it and is willing to kidnap and even harm Amy's friends to get it.
Meanwhile, the commentators from the first two films, Gail (ELIZABETH BANKS) and John (JOHN MICHAEL HIGGINS), tag along throughout the movie filming a snarky documentary on the Bellas. Chloe falls for a hunky officer named Chicago (MATT LANTER). And Beca attracts the eye of one of DJ Khaled's producers, Theo (GUY BURNET), who makes her a life-changing offer she can't turn down ... but she might because it will mean separation from the Bellas.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have grown up with the franchise will have the most interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual content, language, and some action.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.