(2017) (Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A young man searches for Poseidon's long-lost trident, a quest shared by a young astronomer as well as a ghost and his crew who want to get revenge on a drunken pirate who sent them to their watery doom long ago.
- Henry Turner (BRENTON THWAITES) is a young man in search of Poseidon's long-lost trident, a tool he believes will free his dead father, Will Turner (ORLANDO BLOOM), from a curse that's left him at the bottom of the sea with his crew. Carina Smith (KAYA SCODELARIO) shares that trident quest, albeit for different reasons. An astronomer who's been accused of being a witch, she desires to find a map that no man can read, and believes that will lead to the trident.
They're not alone, however, in desiring that weapon as long-dead Captain Armando Salazar (JAVIER BARDEM) and his ghostly crew want to find it to free themselves of their curse of being undead, while also wanting to enact revenge on the drunken pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow (JOHNNY DEPP), who sent them to their watery grave long ago. When word gets out that Salazar's ghost ship is destroying the British fleet, Sparrow's former rival turned ally and fellow pirate, Captain Hector Barbossa (GEOFFREY RUSH), decides he and his crew must confront the ghosts and promises to deliver Sparrow to them in order to avoid his wrath.
With Henry, Carina and Jack teamed together, they do what they can to avoid Salazar and get their hands on the trident in order to defeat him, save their own lives, and lift the various curses.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of adventure violence, and some suggestive content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.