<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2017) (Daniel Day-Lewis, Vicky Krieps) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A highly meticulous fashion designer who lives by his daily routines finds all of that in upheaval when his muse turned romantic partner won't play by his rules.
- It's the 1950s and Reynolds Woodcock (DANIEL DAY-LEWIS) is a highly sought-after fashion designer who caters to a variety of well-to-do clients. He's meticulous at his craft and lives by a highly regimented daily routine that his sister and business manager, Cyril (LESLEY MANVILLE), fiercely guards. Accordingly, she has no issue when he decides he's done with his latest girlfriend once she's begun to annoy him through her behavior.
But that doesn't stop his roving eye and once he sets sights on a young waitress, Alma (VICKY KRIEPS), he's instantly smitten. He whisks her away and back to his immense home and workspace where she initially serves as his fashion muse but then eventually becomes his girlfriend. Like those before her, however, her actions eventually start to wear on him and their relationship appears to be on the rocks. But she won't give up on them and decides she'll do whatever it takes to break him out of his routine and make him hers forever.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who are fans of Daniel Day-Lewis or anyone else in the cast or fashion design might show interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.